Welcome to Lehigh University! We know that starting a new position is exciting and a bit nerve-wracking. So, we've assembled some information to smooth the path on your first few days and weeks.
The information we provide here is meant only as a first step in the process of adjusting to your new position. There are many more resources available on the rest of the HR website. We hope you'll visit frequently as you become more familiar with the university and your role.
University Mission, Values, and Priorities
Many new employees ask questions about Lehigh's core mission and values. You will probably refer to these documents many times over the course of your employment at Lehigh:
- The University's Core Values
- Lehigh University Strategic Plan
- The Principles of Our Equitable Community
- Staff Employment Value Strategy
- Sustainability Inititative
- The Campus Master Plan
Your First Day
The first few days of employment are filled with lots of new information. The following links give you the basics you need to get started at Lehigh.
Forms To Complete And Submit:
- I-9 Form
- W-4 Form
- Employee Information Form
- Act 32 (Local Tax) - Residency Certification Form
- Time Sheets for Staff Positions
- Special Rate Time Sheets (for Police, Boiler Operators, and other shift or on call positions)
Need help completing the above forms? Here are some instructions.
Tasks To Complete:
- Establishing an identity on campus
Learn how to get your ID card.
- Taking care of parking and transportation
If you plan to park on campus, you'll need a permit. Apply for a permit at go.lehigh.edu/parking.
- Setting up a telephone account
Your office should take care of this.
- Setting up an email account
You will be issued a Lehigh Identification Number and PIN to set up your email.
Learning at Lehigh
- Workplace Learning
- Career Management
- Protection of Minors Online Training (Watch for an email communication with login instructions.)
Planning and Performance
- About Lehigh
- Work-Life Lehigh Facebook Page
- Faculty and Staff of Color Network
- Inside Lehigh
- Administrative Staff Resources
- Staff and Faculty Guides
If you have any additional questions or concerns in your early days of employment at Lehigh, call Human Resources at 610-758-3900. We wish you success at Lehigh University!