As one of the six members of the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges (LVAIC), Lehigh participates in an undergraduate tuition exchange program for eligible spouses and domestic partners* of full benefits eligible faculty and staff members.
- The benefit is available to spouses and domestic partners of salaried faculty and staff members who are regularly scheduled to work at least 75 percent of a full time schedule.
- The program provides for tuition waiver for up to two undergraduate courses in the spring and fall semesters at participating institutions.
- Participating LVAIC institutions include:
- The benefit is available to those spouses and domestic partners of faculty and staff members who have been admitted to an undergraduate program at the LVAIC institution they want to attend.
- Access to this employment benefit does not imply or guarantee that the employee's spouse or domestic partner will be admitted to one of the LVAIC institutions.
- The receiving institution (the colleges where the courses are held) reserves the right to define the periods of study that are included in the "fall semester" and the "spring semester."
- All course registrations are subject to a "space available" limitation.
- Students are responsible for paying any fees or other expenses that may be associated with their enrollment.
- It is possible that specific courses at a receiving institution might not be eligible for the exchange program benefit.
- Cross-registration for online courses is not available to spouses or partners of faculty and staff members.
- Students are encouraged to discuss the applicability of the policy with their advisors at the school they are attending.
Utilizing the Benefit
- Pick up a LVAIC cross-registration form at the Lehigh Registrar's Office (or any of the LVAIC schools) or the Human Resources Office. A separate form is needed for each class. The completed form needs to be signed by a representative in the Human Resources Office and the Lehigh Registrar's Office before your spouse/partner take the form to the institution where he/she will be registering for classes.
For More Information
- Visit the LVAIC website
- Read the LVAIC Policy
- More detailed information on tuition benefits is available in the faculty and staff guides.
- For policy questions or assistance with a specific situation, please contact Human Resources.
* Each institution will determine if the exchange program benefit will be provided to domestic partners based on the benefit program policies at the receiving institution.
This web page provides summary information in effect on the date it was prepared.