Lehigh University provides eligible faculty and staff members with Short Term Disability benefits in the event of an illness or injury that requires absence from work for a period of more than 10 continuous work days.
The Short Term Disability (STD) plan applies to absences of twenty-six weeks or less. Under the plan, faculty and staff members maintain access to Lehigh University benefits and may be eligible for salary continuation. The level of salary continuation is determined by the type of position occupied and length of service.
For complete information regarding initiating, monitoring and completing a short term disability claim, please consult the following checklists:
- Employee Checklist for Short Term Disability (STD) Leave
- Supervisor Checklist for Medical-Related Leave
For additional information about Lehigh's STD policies (login required), see:
- Salary Continuation Plan for Exempt and Nonexempt Staff
- Salary Continuation Plan for Faculty
- Short Term Disability Policy
- Short Term Disability Plan for Maternity Leave
Need to initiate an STD claim?