As part of our commitment to a healthy workforce and community, Lehigh University will become a tobacco-free campus as of August 2, 2021. You can read the full policy here.
Benefits eligible faculty and staff have access to a variety of tobacco/nicotine cessation resources that we encourage you to tap into if you would like to break the habit.
For faculty and staff enrolled in our medical plans, Capital Blue offers a nicotine cessation program which can be accessed via the Capital Blue website. You can call the toll-free phone number on the back of your insurance ID card to reach out to Capital Blue for more information on how to take advantage of these benefits.
Capital’s Nicotine Cessation Program is designed to assist members who are interested in breaking their habit of tobacco product use. Members may access information via Capital’s website, including contact information for the PA Quit Line, Pennsylvania’s nicotine cessation counseling services. Additional resources available via Capital’s website include:
- Nurse Line - access 24 hours a day to a live nurse who can assist members with questions and resources focused on nicotine cessation;
- Discount Health Network - a network of local and regional community organizations which offer discounts on health-related services;
- Website links to credible organizations and programs focused on nicotine cessation; and
- References to available community programs.
Tobacco use assessment/counseling and cessation interventions are also listed as covered services under preventive care services:
Age 19 and older: Two cessation attempts per year (each attempt includes a maximum of 4 counseling visits of at least 10 minutes per session); FDA-approved tobacco cessation medications; individualize risk in pregnant women.
Managed Behavioral Health Coverage
If you would like to pursue behavioral (mental) health counseling to quit, you can use your managed behavioral health plan coverage (if you are enrolled in Lehigh's medical plan). Phone the toll-free number on the back of your insurance ID card to learn more about your specific coverage of this benefit.
Employee Assistance Program
Integrated Behavioral Health includes smoking cessation resources on their website, available to all benefits eligible employees.
- Log in at https://ibhworklife.
personaladvantage.comwith the user ID lehigh and password univ03
- Select the Wellness tile, then "Smoking."
Wellness and Ancillary Benefits Providers
- HealthAdvocate has a Tobacco Cessation area on their website.
- The Be Well program includes smoking cessation through their Coaching program.
Flexible Spending Account Coverage
Nicotine replacement therapies like patches, gum and lozenges are FSA-eligible expenses. If you are enrolled in a healthcare FSA or health savings account you can use those funds to cover the expense of these products. Important Note: Although these products are sold over the counter, a doctor's prescription is usually needed in order to be eligible for reimbursement under an FSA or HSA.