Getting a Tradition of Excellence Award (we call them TEAs) is like getting a really big high-five from another member of the Lehigh community – a high-five that comes with a $300 check and a medal.
What does Lehigh consider TEA-worthy?
To qualify, an individual or team should demonstrate outstanding behaviors or produce exceptional results, either within a single department or across the university, in any of the following categories.
- Create a positive, supportive, and inclusive place for employees and students to work and learn.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership and role modeling by providing a sense of purpose, vision, and mission to achieve goals.
- Invest time and interest in coaching and mentoring to influence others positively and build consensus around organizational values and objectives.
- Actively participate in Lehigh community service.
- Provide quality customer service, both in front and behind the scenes. “Go the extra mile” to provide service to internal and external customers with timely and appropriate follow-up and responsiveness and demonstrated improvement of customer service and satisfaction.
- Get results by identifying, creating, and implementing innovative solutions to improve the way work is done, making it easier, more efficient, and/or less costly.
- Contribute to the success of others by sharing expertise and knowledge.
Team Focused Contribution:
- Serve on a department or University team or committee and contribute to its success.
- Work on a special project with successful outcomes.
- Participate in broad efforts outside the realm of assigned job duties to improve the University community.
Who can receive a TEA?
All full- or part-time Lehigh staff—nonexempt, exempt, and research staff members (excluding student and wage employees, leased employees, and affiliated organizations)—may be nominated for individual or team awards.
Who can nominate someone for a TEA?
Anyone—staff, faculty, students, alumni, visitors, and vendors—can nominate an individual or team. So, if you’ve ever thought “my co-worker really deserves recognition,” nominate them!
All nominators must identify themselves. Anonymous nominations will not be considered.
How does it work?
Nominations may be made at any time. Use this form to submit a nomination.
A committee of representative staff from across Lehigh reviews the nominations and makes award decisions.