We’re excited to introduce Cash for Colleagues - a new employee referral program for classified staff at Lehigh.
It’s simple: If you are a classified staff member, you can refer friends, family and former colleagues to Lehigh to apply for jobs. Make sure they enter your name on their application form (there’s a space for it) and if they’re hired, you’ll earn a $500 thank you for helping the university find great new employees.
In general, a classified staff member (exempt or nonexempt) can refer anyone for any classified staff position and receive the referral bonus if they are hired. However, there are some exceptions.
You are not eligible to receive the referral bonus if:
- You would have supervisory or management authority over the person or the position for which they were hired
- You are part of the search committee or interview process that hired this person
- You are a member of the HR recruitment team
- You occupy a position at the level of an Assistant Vice President or higher at Lehigh
A Few Important Reminders
- When you refer someone, be sure they include your name on their application. No referral reward will be given if the referring staff member’s name is not on the job application.
- Because each position that a person applies to requires a unique application, if your referral is applying for more than one Lehigh position, they should include your name on all of the applications they submit.
- If your referral is hired, you’ll receive a link to a Docusign form to certify that you are eligible to receive the $500 reward. Be sure to complete the form as soon as possible to ensure the process moves smoothly.
- This program is for classified staff positions only. It does not include referrals for faculty positions, wage employees, student employment, internships, graduate assistantships, adjunct appointments, or research scientist positions.
Tap the buttons below for shareable content that can help your referrals learn more about working at Lehigh.
For more information about the Cash for Colleagues program, read our FAQ below.
Frequently Asked Questions
All classified staff are eligible to receive a reward for successful referrals provided they can certify that they:
- Have no supervisory or management authority over the person or the position for which they were hired.
- Are not part of the search committee or interview process that hired this person
- Are not a member of the HR recruitment team
- Do not occupy a position at the level of an Assistant Vice President or higher
Only referrals for classified staff positions are eligible. Referrals for faculty positions, wage employees, student employment, internships, graduate assistantships, adjunct appointments, or research scientist positions are not eligible for Cash for Colleagues referral rewards.
Each successful Cash for Colleagues referral is rewarded with $500.00. The reward is considered taxable income.
Because every position requires its own application, and your referral may apply for more than one job, it's important to remind them to include your name on any Lehigh job application they may submit. The applicant you referred must enter your name on the employment application for the specific position in which they were hired.
Unfortunately you would not be eligible for the referral bonus if your referral doesn't include your name on their job applilcation.
If your referral is hired and all conditions of the program are met, you will receive your bonus in the next paycheck following the approval of the Employee Referral Program Form and the new employee's first day.
Human Resources will make the final determination if you are eligible to receive the employee referral payment.
You can refer family members for positions as long as the position is not one that you supervise or have authority over.
There is no limit on the number of people you can refer - we're looking for lots of great new colleages for Lehigh! Feel free to refer as many qualified candidates as you like.
No. In order to avoid conflict of interest, if someone has been working in a position that is categorized as wage or some other temporary classification (student, GA, etc.) and the position becomes a permanent classified staff position, no one will be eligible to receive a referral bonus to move the person into that role.