The university makes dental insurance available to eligible staff and faculty and dependents. Our provider is United Concordia. The coverage has a maximum annual benefit of $1,000 per person.
Diagnostic and Preventive Services — Paid at 100% of MAC (Maximum Allowable Charge — The negotiated charge the plan pays to providers.)
The Preventive Incentive: These services do not count against maximum annual benefits of $1,000 per person.
- Twice yearly cleaning, polishing, and examination
- Annual bitewing X-rays
- Complete X-ray series every five years
- Fluoride treatment (under age 19)
- Sealant: Under age 16. One sealant per permanent first and second molars in three years.
- Emergency treatment: Palliative (to alleviate pain), not restorative.
Basic Service Benefits — Paid at 80% of MAC
- Inpatient consultation
- Anesthetics: Novocain, IV sedation, general
- Basic restoration: Amalgam and composite fillings
- Non-surgical periodontics
- Oral surgery
- Simple extraction
- Repair of crowns, inlays, onlays, bridges, and dentures.
Major Service Benefits — Paid at 50% of MAC
- Surgical periodontics
- Inlays, onlays, crowns
- Prosthetics: Dentures and bridges; no implants.
Orthodontics (under age 19) — Paid at 50% of MAC
Orthodontic lifetime benefit maximum of $1,000 per person.
Cost of Coverage
Lehigh University does not contribute toward the cost of dental insurance. Refer to the Flexible Benefits & Enrollment guide (link below) for information on costs.
For More Information