Lehigh University provides a 100 percent undergraduate tuition remission benefit for full time benefits-eligible faculty and staff.
The number of credits for which you can receive remission depends on your work schedule:
Salaried faculty and staff who are regularly scheduled to work at least 75 percent of a full time schedule
- The benefit includes six credits per semester and six credits in the summer session, for a total of 18 credits per calendar year.
- The maximum per semester tuition benefit available to employees in this category is six credits at Lehigh University or two undergraduate courses through the LVAIC Tuition Exchange Program.
- Employees who plan to participate in both the Lehigh Undergraduate and LVAIC Tuition Exchange programs benefit programs should contact Human Resources before enrolling to ensure that their planned course load does not exceed the combined benefit limit.
Salaried faculty and staff members who work 50 to 74 percent of a full time schedule
- The benefit is three credits per semester and three credits in the summer session. These courses may only be taken at Lehigh University.
Important Conditions and Exclusions
- This benefit is available to employees who have qualified for admission to the undergraduate program at the university.
- Access to this employment benefit does not imply or guarantee admission to Lehigh University. The Lehigh University admission process is highly competitive.
- Eligibility for new employees begins after the first day of work. Employment must begin on or before the first day of classes and continue through the end of the academic term in order to access the benefit. If the employee leaves the university’s employ before the end of the academic term, he or she is responsible for repayment of the tuition.
- Students are responsible for paying any fees or other expenses that may be associated with their enrollment at Lehigh University.
- Benefit is available for courses taken for credit. Courses that are audited (no grade, no credits earned) are not eligible for tuition remission.
- The benefit does not apply to online or distance education courses that are also available in a traditional classroom format.
- If the course is only available in an online or distance education format, tuition remission may apply. However, there may be additional fees imposed that are not covered under the benefit. See the Distance Education Tuition Remission policy regarding fees.
Utilizing the Benefit
- There are no forms to fill out but please contact Human Resources prior to registering for classes the first time. We will answer any questions you may have, confirm your benefit eligibility, and notify the Bursar's Office to apply tuition remission to your student account.
For More Information
- Admissions Office - applying to Lehigh University (degree programs)
- General information regarding General College Division (see information for Non Degree Seeking Students)
- Lehigh University General College Division Application
- General College Division Approval Letter
- More detailed information on tuition benefits is available in the faculty and staff guides.
- For policy questions or assistance with a specific situation, please contact Human Resources.
This web page provides summary information in effect on the date it was prepared.