Each Lehigh employee has different needs. That’s why the university offers eligible employees four medical benefit options. Each plan includes behavioral (mental) health benefits.:
- PPO (Preferred Provider Organization plan)
- PPO Plus (Preferred Provider Organization plan)
- Keystone Health Plan Central (Health Maintenance Organization plan)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
All plans include medical cost protection, prescription drug benefits, behavioral (mental) health coverage, and vision care. Please refer to the Plan Comparison Charts in the Flexible Benefits Enrollment & Reference Guide linked below for convenient side-by-side comparisons of your options and costs.
The plans may be available to eligible full time visiting faculty and research personnel. They are also available to eligible retirees and their dependents at a discounted rate until the retiree reaches age 65.
New employees should complete the enrollment process in Lehigh Benefits as soon as possible after attending benefits orientation, but no more than thirty (30) days after their start date. If you do not enroll, default coverage in the PPO plan will be assigned to you.
Current employees, in general, may make changes to their benefits once a year during the November Open Enrollment period.
If you experience a “Qualifying Life Event,” such as marriage, birth, adoption, divorce, or retirement, you can make changes to your benefits that are related to that event. You must request such changes within thirty one (31) days of the event.
For More information
- Flexible Benefits Enrollment & Reference Guide (2020)
- Reference Guide for Medical Coverage Only (2020)
- Dependent Eligibility
- Coverage of Working Spouses/Partners
- Understanding Medical Coverage Plan Language
- Read more about qualifying life events (QLE).