Are you interested in furthering your career at Lehigh? To support professional growth opportunities for current employees, Lehigh posts classified staff positions within the university for at least five working days before promoting the position to external applicants.
Here's what you need to do to apply for another position at Lehigh:
- Apply via the Jobs@Lehigh site. Start by setting up an account and profile
- Review the open positions and select the one(s) you wish to apply for. Apply only for positions for which you have most or all of the qualifications
- Fill out all required forms even if you attach a resume
- Current Employee Questionnaire
- Internal Employment Application
- Position Questionnaire
- Indicate your preferred daytime contact method (office extension, cell phone, or email)
- We recommend that you upload a cover letter and/or resume to the Jobs@Lehigh system in addition to completing the required application. Other documents such as letters of reference or work samples may also be uploaded
- Your application and/or resume will be considered prior to external candidates if it is received within the five-day posting period
- Your qualifications will be reviewed by the hiring manager. If your skills and qualifications closely match the job requirements, you may be contacted for an interview. An interview is not guaranteed to all internal applicants
- You will be kept apprised of your application status through automated emails from the applicant tracking system
- If you are a finalist for a position, the hiring supervisor will contact your current supervisor for a reference
- Background checks will be required if the position for which you are applying involves fiduciary responsibility, transporting students, working in the dorms, or overnight travel with students. For positions with these types of responsibilities, a credit bureau report, department of motor vehicle report, and/or child abuse report will be completed on internal position finalists
- All hiring decisions are made by the hiring department, not by Human Resources.
Please be patient because the hiring process can take a while. If you haven’t heard from the hiring supervisor or HR within two weeks and wish to know the current status of the position, you may call Human Resources (610) 758-3900 Monday through Friday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Please refer to the job title and department when inquiring about a position.
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or familial status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.