This track is created specifically for promoting thought, exchange of ideas, or inspiration. Look for Dialogue opportunities scheduled throughout the year. Debrief a Ted Talk, book review, focused learning, new practice or insights in a small group interactive setting. Consider suggesting relevant topics or vehicles you may want to facilitate as well.
The Art of Effective Communication (with Lehigh University Art Galleries)
From ancient times, people have used visual images to communicate. Art often explores broad ideas or themes, some more obvious than others, and reflects on the time period in which it was created. It allows us to understand and appreciate different perspectives and to develop empathy for others. Using close looking and listening skills, members of the Lehigh University Art Galleries (LUAG) will facilitate discussions around great works of art from LUAG's collections and exhibitions. Participants will strengthen skills in effective communication by learning to identify the nuances in communicating with others, and advance their skills in critical thinking, building empathy and cultural understanding.
Collaborating Across Generations
In this interactive course, we discuss how world events and influential people shaped each generation and their workplace style, how today’s workforce is changing, and how to use diverse perspectives and best practices to build understanding and productivity.
Crucial Conversations is a course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment. Attendance at all three sessions is required.
Exploring Emotional Intelligence (with LVAIC)
Understanding and devloping your emotional intellignece can lead to more productive interactions. This two-hour interactive, virtual workshop for faculty and staff is intended to proivde the participant with an introuction to emotional intellignece. Using individual and group exploration, participants will identify opportunitues for developing their emotional intelligence.
Listening Differently (with the Center for Gender Equity)
Join the Lehigh University Center for Gender Equity and CE@L for a workshop that will provide you the skills both to listen differently and listen for difference. Speaking and listening are learned skills, typically influenced by cultures, genders, and social classes. In this interactive workshop, you will be able to learn more about the context of listening and speaking, try different methods, and create an action plan to move forward on your diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging journey.
Career Power Workshop - Under development
SOAR stands for Successful Ongoing Administrative Relationships. Visit their website for Coordinator Captain or Co-pilot opportunities.
A program of the Employee Relations Advisory Committee for cross-campus engagement experiences.
New opportunities are added to the Learning Library regularly. Filter by Type > Dialogue and Exploration to view more.
- Uprise Health offers on-site workshops as well as webinars and online resources. Select EAP/WorkLife. Login: Lehigh Password univ3.
- Library and Technology Services offers software training on productivity tools such as Qualtrics, Google Drive and more.
- New Horizons is an external vendor that offers courses in a variety of office software. These courses can be partially paid for through the BEST program.
- View the calendar and register for Career Enrichment Programs.
- The Build and Enhance Skills through Training (BEST) program supports the costs associated with enrolling in noncredit educational programs.
- Lehigh's Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) fosters excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research.
- Through Lehigh's tuition benefit program employees may earn undergraduate and graduate degrees at Lehigh and LVAIC institutions tuition free.