This program is designed to transition first time managers to the Core Managerial Success Factors at Lehigh. Learn expectations of communicating in our culture, policies and practices of importance as you step into the role. Foundations is a platform for essential learning; a supervisor’s “need to know”. Come and confer with colleagues facing similar challenges.
- Provide a consistent set of expectations of managers at Lehigh to be successful in their role
- Provide understanding of employment law, application and resources, how to proactively avoid pitfalls, and what to do in cases where practice is in question
- Ensure that supervisors understand the essentials of performance management, setting goals, providing feedback, coaching, and holding themselves and others accountable
- Understand the core values of Lehigh and how to support a community of equity and inclusion
- Build broad base knowledge and collaborative networks across Lehigh
New Employee Orientation (NEO): Essential to the onboarding of any new hire at Lehigh; offered quarterly.
Crash Courses for Managers (2 hours per topic; Crash Courses are offered over spring and fall semesters):
Leading Across Generations: During this two hour workshop, we will discuss how world events and influential people shaped each generation and their workplace style, how today's workforce is changing, and how to use diverse perspectives and best management practices to build understanding and productivity.
Inclusion Insights: An expectation of all staff, Inclusion Insights is self-discovery about how our experience drives our assumptions. Develop awareness of our potential blind spots. (2.5 hours)
Crucial Conversations: Crucial Conversations is a course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment. Attendance at all three sessions is required.
Learning the Institution: An elective for all staff, but not to be missed. The demand exceeds our ability to meet, so you may encounter a wait list. This will not preclude you from achieving certification but get on that list early…you will not be disappointed. (2 hours each/18 sessions/ September thru May). Email Mary Jo McNulty, firstname.lastname@example.org, to register.
- View the calendar and register for Career Enrichment Programs.
- The Build and Enhance Skills through Training (BEST) program supports the costs associated with enrolling in noncredit educational programs.
- Lehigh's Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) fosters excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research.
- Through Lehigh's tuition benefit program employees may earn undergraduate and graduate degrees at Lehigh and LVAIC institutions tuition free.