To expand the range of training options for employees, Lehigh supports the cost of work-related training through outside organizations through the BEST Program. To access funding support for classes, workshops, and other non-credit educational programs, you must apply to the BEST Program prior to registration. Once approved, you will be contacted to register for the class. Additional information is available on the BEST Program page.
Recommended External Resources
Below are several resources that many Lehigh employees have used for work-related educational programs. This list is not intended to be exclusive, however. You may also take advantage of training provided through other organizations if it is related to your position.
Before registering for any program, consult with your supervisor regarding funding, timing, and appropriateness of the program for your job.
Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) - Lehigh's Employee Assistance Program
Lehigh's Employee Assistance Program provider, IBH, offers hundreds of articles, self-assessments, online seminars, and skill-building tools on topics ranging from work-life balance to business etiquette. To learn more and to access IBH's offerings, select this link. Simply use our user ID and password to access the Work-Life Resources section of IBH's website.
- Download a list of webinars available this year
Lehigh Valley Association of Independed Colleges (LVAIC)
Since 1969, the Lehigh Valley Association of Independent College's success has been founded on the principle of collaboration. This unique consortium, one of the oldest in the country, consists of 6 member colleges and universities in the Lehigh Valley, as well as 6 associate member institutions in the eastern Pennsylvania region. Through innovations in collaboration and community, LVAIC aims to provide academic and business support to each member. Professional development resources include:
- LVAIC-supported conferences and symposia are forums that work to differentiate a traditional liberal arts education. While member faculty frame the focus of each event, communities outside of LVAIC are also welcome, unless noted otherwise. Visit LVAIC Conferences to see the list of recent and upcoming conferences.
- Lehigh University participates in the LVAIC undergraduate tuition exchange program for employees and spouses/partners.
New Horizons delivers a full range of information technology skills training including top software application packages such as the Microsoft Office. The company also offers training and certification in networking and other IT areas. New Horizons has training facilities in Allentown, Reading, and Scranton. Courses can also be completed online in many instances. Find current course offerings.
Northampton Community College
There are two resources for training at Northampton Community College:
- The Center for Business and Industry
Business and Industry experts at Northampton’s Center for Business and Industry (CBI) deliver workshops, specialized training, and strategic solutions in corporate and public safety, healthcare, hospitality and tourism, leadership development, computer training, technology, trades, OSHA, and more for organizations across the country.
- Upcoming Courses - March 2016
- 2016 CBI Workshop Schedule
- CBI Management Development Program
- Practices of Successful Leadership Program
- LVAIC Leadership Academy through CBI
- View the current schedule of all course offerings
- Continuing Education Non-Credit Courses
Work-related courses offered through the college’s career training and professional education programs include computer courses, corporate and individual training in a wide variety of the areas. Personal enrichment courses are also available in the arts, crafts, health and fitness, home and garden, and many more.